Friday, September 22, 2006

Academia Cotopaxi
As promised, here are some pictures of the school where we work. It's a little less than a 15 minute walk to school from where we live and it's preschool through 12th grade. There are about 550 students in all (including early childhood) so it's not too big. The campus is kind of divided between the upper and lower school but nothing is too far away ~ Chris and I can stop in and say hi during the day or run into each other at the copy center.







Here is a picture of chris in his classroom - like we mentioned, the labs were renovated over the summer so it's pretty large and it's great that he's moved in ~ now he just needs all the boxes unpacked so he can find all the supplies for his labs....














This is one of the fourth grade classes I work in~ reminds you of elementary school, eh? Each of the two fourth grade classes have 19 students, which is really large for this school ~ which is where I come in to help.
















I took this other picture (below) from the window of my classroom. The green is the lower school field where they have recess - and play lots of soccer, and then we look out at the mountains (sort of a theme here in Quito). In between the buildings we can see planes landing and taking off all day because the airport is right in the middle of the city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Sharon,
Thanks so much for the inside look at where you work. It really helps to be able to think of you in a setting I can picture. love the classrooms! Do they need a 5th grade teacher?
I'm working on Halloween ideas. Talk to you soon.
reen

Anonymous said...

Hiyas Guys,
Your world down there is pretty awesome, the school looks great, kitty looks happy, nice views.
Could u post inside of ur appt.?


cant wait to see more and see u again

Love Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Sharon!!
Love the blog- you're making it so easy to keep you in our everyday lives--Thanks! It all looks so new and interesting...I envy you picking up and starting all over...sounds inviting. I think of you often and I'm glad you are such a success..never doubted that for a minute, though!
Lots of love,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris and Sharon,

Just checking out your pictures. Glad to hear that your transition has gone so well. I worked with Sharon at Mt. Vernon, I thought of you the other day Sharon, on a recent outing to Ruby Tuesday's. We were back in record time! I told Lauren that I had not been there since an outing with you.

Miss ya,
Enjoy!
Paula/pbctrs@mac.com