Friday, January 12, 2007

Hello everyone,
It's Friday night and Chris is painting and I'm looking through pictures thinking, "We really need to post some of these." So, even though they're from our christmas break I think they're worth posting.
We started the evening at the lower school principal's house. There's a tradition of having what they call TGIF's at various people's houses. Which is basically a Friday happy hour party. They have the most amazing view of Quito from their roof and their living room.

So here's some pictures starting with chris in his classroom on the day we took susan and tom to see our school.

And then we have me in my classroom on the same day....
And here's me one morning when chris was at work and I was heading out on some errands.



I also felt like this picture of us was a great one to post because it's very early (after a late night of bridge playing) and we're trying to get a taxi to the bus station to head out on our multi-legged journey to the Black Sheep Inn. You might notice that Tom is carrying (very carefully ~ unlike Susan and I's bananas in our bags) a papaya. He carried it around for a while and ate it in Latacunga before we changed buses.


And there are lots more pictures from the Black Sheep Inn and our hikes there that are worth sharing so hang in there and I'll try to figure it out. I wish I could do captions, but oh well. Here's a picture susan took of me doing the laundry out back... isn't the developing world fun?

Actually I kind of like doing laundry out back and hanging it up on the line. It gets a little tricky in the rainy season though.
We're on the top and fourth floor of our building. Here's a picture of Chris having a conversation with someone on the third floor ( out the window of course).

Here's a picture of Tom drinking sake ~ we went out for sushi in Qutio ~ I know it may sound weird but it was delicious!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.